The course is called Unleash Your Potential, Sustainable Futures. It's run by the University of Bristol and begins on 11 February. It's a four week course that will take you around three hours of study per week as a minimum (though you will get access to the course for a six week period).
Future Learn give this description of what the course involves:
Learn about the sustainability challenges of the modern world, and make a positive contribution to society.
Find out how to deal with world sustainability issues
United Nations (UN) countries have adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
On this online course, you’ll learn about these UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the different roles people can play in creating a sustainable future.
You’ll get an introduction to the sustainability challenges the modern world is facing, and gain the skills to play a part in solving them.
You’ll learn how to make a positive contribution to society on a local and global scale, and create a happy and fulfilling sustainable future for everyone.
What topics will you cover?
- Happiness and Purpose, and their links to Sustainable Development.
- Responsibility, Purpose and Foresight in response to Sustainability challenges.
- How different individuals and organisations take different roles, and work together, to tackle sustainability challenges, explored through a number of case studies.
- Making a difference at the local and regional level: Case studies in Food Waste, Energy and Homelessness.
- Making a difference at the global level: Case studies in Microplastics, Industrial Greenhouse Gas emissions and Sustainable Tourism.
- Understanding the challenges and obstacles those ‘making a difference’ face, and how they find support.
- Approaches to personal self reflection on the path to ‘make a difference.’